What is Labour Pro?
Labour Pro is an integrated labour relations programme for businesses. We guide and assist businesses in a practical and supportive way with regard to the required processes and procedures to ensure labour legislation compliance and to minimise the risk to which the business is exposed when employing staff.
Our experienced labour relations consultants deal comprehensively on your behalf with the relevant labour legislation and most common pitfalls that businesses encounter.
With the new national minimum wage envisaged by our government, businesses will have to ensure that employment policies and procedures are sound as some employees and unions might see this as an opportunity to exploit the situation. Employers that fail to comply with the necessary legislation risk getting caught up in unnecessary legal action and disputes.
Legislation covered by our labour relations consulting service:
- Basic Conditions Of Employment Act (BCEA)
- Labour Relations Act (LRA)
- Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
- Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) and Workmen’s Compensation Legislation
Our value adding Labour Pro service:
With our customer at heart, our professional labour consulting services (industrial relations services) are offered at an affordable monthly subscription.
- Drafting of new contracts of employment or reviewing and amending existing contracts of employment for employees, admin staff, managers and executives (This include drafting of part-time; fixed-term and and temporary contracts)
- Implementation of labour contracts with the use of an interpreter service
- Conducting disciplinary and poor work performance inquiries on-site
- Drafting of probationary policies
- Telephonic and e-mail advice
- Recognition agreements with unions
- Wage and union negotiations
- Dispute resolution (representation at the CCMA and bargaining councils – on joining the Employers Organisation)
- A set of policies and procedures such as the grievance procedure (
- Labour Legislation Compliance and Induction files
- Annual inspection and issuing of compliance certificate
- Occupational health and safety assistance *see note
- Labour Court matters, such as reviewing applications and strike interdicts (strikes and lock-outs)
- Assistance with matters relating to registration with and claims under the Unemployment Insurance Fund and Workmen’s Compensation Fund
- Letters of good standing from the Workmen’s Compensation Commissioner
- Evaluation of Workman’s Compensation annual assessments
- Settling of disputes with the Workmen’s Compensation Commissioner
- Eviction of employees from the premises on termination of service with employer
- Retrenchment, lay-offs and short time
- Assistance with labour inspector compliance orders and inspections exemptions from bargaining councils
- Guidance to employers (and witnesses) in preparing for arbitration (including factors to be considered by a commissioner in the event of conflicting versions)
- Assistance with internal and external wage negotiation processes e.g. establishment of detailed picketing rules
- Providing employers with guidance during the course of a strike and the disciplinary steps that can be taken against employees who commit acts of misconduct in contravention of established picketing rules.
*NOTE: We also provide an additional Occupational Health and Safety service specifically designed for the Construction, Manufacturing and Mining industries, etc.
Our Unique Guarantee
In the unlikely event of an award against an employer in matters relating to a dismissal of an employee(s) for procedural unfairness, SERR Synergy will be liable for such an award of up to R150 000 per annum if SERR Synergy had conducted all the procedures leading up to the dismissal. *Only applicable if joining the Employers Organisation
We provide our customers with an on-site professional to deal with procedures associated with labour disputes.
Other business risks covered by our labour services:
Continuous advances in technology and changes in legislation require employers to review existing policies and procedures and to seek the necessary protection against:
- hacking of systems by employees
- contemptuous remarks made by employees about the employer’s business on various social media sites
- unauthorised access to data and other sensitive information (data protection)
- disclosure of company information, that of customers and co-employees
We ensure that provision is made for electronic communication intervention by you as the employer.
Download our Labour Pro Brochure.