With the introduction of the new Companies Act for public companies it basically means that there are more stringent requirements regarding accountability and transparency and that businesses are impacted in different ways.
The Act encourages enhanced standards of corporate governance whereby minimum accounting standards have been set for company annual reports, with firmer provisions governing directors’ conduct and liability.
SERR Synergy assist businesses to comply with the new Companies Act and amended Closed Corporations Act by bringing all relevant company documents in line with the new Companies Act.
Our value-adding Corporate Governance Service:
- Assist businesses to comply with the new Companies Act and amended Close Corporations Act
- Bring company documents such as the Memorandum of Incorporation (MOI) into line with the new Companies Act and other legislation
- Align founding statements of close corporations with the new legislation
- Set up Shareholder Agreements for companies and association agreements for close corporations
- Draft Director Agreements to coincide with MOIs and Shareholder Agreements
- Draft Director Agreements with directors employed by the Company to comply with labour legislation
- Set up Family Trust to protect the business in the event of a shareholder’s death, etc.
- Name reservations and set up new companies
- Assist with change of directors, name changes and any other business registration with the Companies and Intellectual Properties Commission (CIPC)
- Assist with conversions from close corporations to private companies
- Tax Clearance Certificates
- Annual CIPC returns and confirmation of business details
Download our Corporate Governance & Business Administration services brochure.