Our well-established company is looking for an Office Administrator with at least 5 years’ team leadership experience to join our Finance department in Pretoria.
This position involves a great deal of multitasking and requires a considerable sense of responsibility in our support division, which is essential to the success of our company. The applicant should have excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills and the ability to work with individuals at different levels, including staff, managers, executives, suppliers and clients.
- Grade 12 (Matric)
- A National Diploma in Business Administration or a Financial qualification. A relevant degree or similar applicable qualification will be advantageous.
- An understanding of Business, Finance and Admin processes* with required attention to detail.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the management of admin and finance/accounting matters.
- Previous experience of people managing people and managing a team.
- Fully computer literate* with an advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Our recruitment process includes a pre-screening interview which entails a specific task-oriented assessment in a simulated office environment of the skills related to the technical expectations of this position.
- At least 5 years’ experience in dealing with database systems and controls.
- Previous experience of Database management. Knowledge of SQL server database and Access database is recommended.
- A financial background will be an advantage – Sage partner advanced Excel skills to manage and oversee admin-related activities of the company, including debit orders, streamlining systems and controls.
- Self-reliance with a high level of integrity and accountability, with shared responsibility where required.
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English.
- Own transport.
Duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Development and management of admin processes, with strong problem-solving skills, and ensuring that efficient admin systems and controls are in place.
- Implementation of company policies and procedure and ensuring they are being followed correctly.
- Must have structured work processes with a methodical approach to your work.
- Assign/delegate and manage work distribution for team members (Client master file creation, Database maintenance, Payment methods, Recoveries, Unpaid items, Queries, etc.).
- An understanding of financial processes and the ability to address enquiries related to the client database and payment methods, among other duties.
- Daily / weekly reporting to direct manager on progress made with tasks and highlighting exceptions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, especially when dealing with e-mail and telephone enquiries.
- Supervising the admin staff and ensuring that they perform and achieve their objectives.
- Monthly salary range between R15 000 and R22 000 depending on experience and qualification.
Should you meet the above requirements above, kindly submit your CV to:
Job applications close on Friday 25 May 2018. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you have not received a response within two weeks, your application was most likely unsuccessful.